Consumer Advocacy for Deathcare issues
- Funeral Consumers Alliance The national organization with which FCA of Idaho is affiliated.
- Idaho Attorney General's Office Consumer Protection Unit
- Snake River Region Better Business Bureau
- Federal Trade Commission consumer information on funerals and related matters, including:
- Facts for Consumers, your rights when buying funeral goods & services
- The more detailed Funerals: a Consumers Guide
- The text and detailed Information about the Funeral Rule, regarding availability of General Price Lists (GPL), what has to be on the GPL, etc.
- Internment.net has information about cemeteries around the world. You can browse by Idaho county from this list of Idaho cemeteries.
- Ada County Indigent Services Cremation Assistance; application must be filed before the cremation or burial services take place.
Health Care and Hospice Issues
- The Idaho Attorney General publishes Consumer Manuals, including a Senior Citizens Manual that includes overview information about end of life health care planning.
- The Secretary of State's website has information about, forms for, and access to the Health Care Directive Registry. The information includes answers to frequently asked questions about the Registry, Living Wills, and the Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care.
- As of July 1, 2007, the Physician Orders for Scope of Treatment (POST) form provides a standardized form for expressing your wishes in advance of needing medical treatment. As explained in the Patient FAQs, A POST form is appropriate in cases where a patient has an incurable or irreversible injury, disease, illness or condition, or where a patient is in a persistent vegetative state. A POST form is also appropriate if such conditions are anticipated. The state Health and Welfare Emergency Medical Services website has links to more information, including instructions and a sample form.
Body and other Donations
- Informed Consent: What You Should Know When Donating Your Body, from Gere Fulton and Lamar Hankins, co-chairs of the Legal Committee of the national Funeral Consumers Alliance.
- Organ and Body Donation - A Gift to Science; info from the national FCA
- Idaho State University's Anatomical Donation program supports their mission of education in many health-related fields. More information from the ISU website, or (as of mid-2019)
Idaho State University
Anatomical Donation Program
Department of Biological Sciences
921 S. 8th Ave. Stop 8007
Pocatello, ID 83209-8007
For more information:
Email: Jackie Coffin at email@example.com
- Pacemakers: Pace4Life or Project My Heart Your Heart
- Hearing aids and Eyeglasses: Idaho Lions Foundation
Idaho Law and Legislation
- The Idaho State Board of Morticians website includes information for filing a complaint, and links to licensure law and rules, meeting notices, agendas and minutes.
- The Idaho Legislature
- Idaho Statutes
- Idaho statutes, Title 54, Chapter 11, Morticians, Funeral Directors and Embalmers
- Idaho statute Title 39, Chapter 45: The Medical Consent and Natural Death Act
- Rules of the State Board of Morticians (PDF)
- Idaho Legal Aid Services is a nonprofit Idaho law firm with offices throughout the state, working to seek equal justice for the underprivileged and poor through legal representation, community outreach, and education.