How You Benefit
Objectivity You get information from a group of knowledgeable volunteers who are not in the business of selling funeral services.
Knowledge You become an educated consumer, receiving more for your funeral dollar while avoiding unnecessary expenses.
Confidence You are able to shop for services with full knowledge of your consumer rights. You enjoy the convenience of preplanning without the risks of prepayment. Savings. You can take advantage of member-only pricing at a cooperating mortuary.
Caring You leave behind a final gift—sparing loved ones making difficult decisions during a time of grief. You have the opportunity to discuss this important topic with family and friends so they know your wishes and can honor them.
- A 20-page booklet, "Before I Go, You Should Know," with forms for a Living Will, Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care, and more.
- Newsletters to keep up to date, including price survey of funeral services at area mortuaries (updated annually).
- Information on discounted prices for members at a cooperating mortuary.
- "Putting My House In Order" planning form to be sent to cooperating mortuary.
- A list of available pamphlets on funeral-related subjects.
- Membership identification for wallet or purse.
FCAI members may select either Direct Cremation or Immediate Burial at a FCAI cooperating mortuary. Both plans include:
- Removing the body within the local area (additional mileage charge of $2.00 per mile one way, outside a 25-mile radius of the mortuary);
- Procuring and filing of necessary papers, certificates, and permits;
- A photocopy of the death certificate;
- Newspaper death/service notice.
Plan 1: Direct Cremation — $780
The mortuary will:
- Supply a suitable container for the body–mortuary's choice;
- Cremate remains;
- Supply a standard container for cremated remains; and
- Hold the cremated remains for up to 30 days for disposition by family or representative
Plan 2: Immediate Burial — $805
The mortuary will:
- Provide a minimum casket of their choosing for $400 additional; and
- Transport the casket to the cemetery.
(Contract prices are subject to periodic negotiation. Prices shown apply through April 2019. Service area of our cooperating mortuary in Meridian includes Mountain Home to Ontario, OR; Idaho City; and north to New Meadows. Service area for our cooperating mortuary in Twin Falls includes Twin Falls County, Jerome, Gooding, and the Wood River and Burley-Rupert areas.)
How To Join
Print and complete the membership application, and send it to us with payment for the membership fee.